- By launching mobile telephony in Denmark Hudya is getting closer to a complete offer of Hudya services also on the Danish market, with 3 out of 4 everyday services available. The investments and time to market will be significantly smaller and shorter compared to a service provider agreement, because Telenor will provision, manage and invoice all subscriptions on Hudya’s behalf. Hence the financial risk for Hudya is significantly lower compared to other agreements with network operators, says Pål Eivind Vegard, Product Director Telecom. He continues:
- We are very happy to have signed this brand agreement with Telenor A/S. Now we can move forward and speed up the process of Hudya’s planned expansion in Denmark, and work towards the launch of an additional vertical, mobile telephony, in addition to power and refinancing of loans which we already provide today.
Hudya intends to launch Hudya Mobile in Denmark during Q2/Q3 2020.
Børge Leknes, CEO Hudya, is looking forward to launch the mobile vertical on the Danish market, since it is a large and important step towards completing Hudya’s offers in the Danish market.
- We have positive experiences with Telenor as our Mobile Network Operator (MNO) on the Norwegian market and are very happy to continue our co-operation with Telenor also in Denmark. Through this agreement with Telenor, Hudya will be able to deliver quality products to the Danish market in an efficient and well proven context, says Børge Leknes, and continues:
- On the Norwegian market, mobile telephony has been a successful vertical of continuous growth, both organic and due to Hudya’s acquisitions of existing customer bases. Mobile as an entry-service has also proven to be an efficient way to recruit new customers to the Hudya platform, and the business in Denmark will be built up based on the experiences we have made in Norway.
During the last months, Hudya has reorganized the business in Denmark.
- We are reorganizing the business in Denmark towards a more lean and less employee intensive organization. This agreement with Telenor is an important element enforcing this strategy, concludes Børge Leknes.
For further information contact:
Morten Kvam, Chief Communications Officer
Phone: +47 930 28 970
Pål Eivind Vegard, Product Director Telecom
Phone: + 47 400 00 101
Hudya AB is an innovative Scandinavian fintech company with operations in Sweden, Denmark and Norway and has approximately 220 employees. Hudya creates technical solutions for a simpler economic life, aiming to save customers time and money. Hudya has built a unique digital platform, gathering services that individuals and businesses need. Today, mobile, electricity, insurance and refinancing are offered with friendly terms, prices and customer service. The company has international ambitions and is working to develop and distribute services at a low cost regardless of country, starting in Scandinavia. To date, the company has 95,000 registered users in Norway. The company was listed on Nasdaq First North Growth Market in Stockholm at February 14 2020.
FNCA Sweden AS is the company’s Certified Adviser. Tel. +46 (0) 8 528 00 399. E-mail: email@example.com.
For further information about Hudya, see hudyagroup.com.
This press release contains such information that Hudya AB (publ) is required to publish in accordance with the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was published for public disclosure on February 27, 2020 at 14:20 CET through the agency of the contact persons set out above.